A company listed on NSE, is leading in the electrical industry with a glorious track record of over 4 decades, working with 4000+ employees. It has the reputation of being the fastest growing company in the Indian Cables sector. Company is engaged in the business of manufacturing and selling wires and cables and fast moving electrical goods ‘FMEG’. Apart from wires and cables, company manufactures and sells FMEG products such as electric fans, LED lighting and luminaires, switches and switchgear, solar products and conduits & accessories.
It is India’s leading wires and cable manufacturing company, with a legacy of over 50 years, provides electrical solutions for household as well as industrial needs. Company is on a mission to continuously innovate and bring greater value to our customers and the environment.
Company aligns the growth of the company and the individual, invests in training and building human capital and on investor relationships, leading to condusive environment to work. Working in such dynamic environment with the leaders having the vision and understanding of how to align the market changes with the company growth, enables your growth too.
1. Primary Responsibilities
- Accounting of plant-related Transactions
- Scrutiny of Books of accounts
- Monthly and year-end Provisions
- To ensure the timely generation of monthly MIS Reports and their timely submission
- Variance analysis of P&L items, balance sheet items
- Review of sales, consumption, payable and receivables
- To ensure timely closing of monthly accounts
- To ensure following up of Budget Spending and analyze variance
- Taking care of all administrative activities, expenses, & and supervision closure of books of accounts on a monthly, Quarterly, and annual basis
- Review of all contracts and custodian of exposures contracted with Vendors. Ensuring the authority matrix is followed and deviations are appropriately ratified.
2. Capex Accounting of Group
- Assess the Payback period of the new Capex Project and Monitoring Budgeted Capex vs Actual Capex
- Tracking of Machine wise Actual Production vs Machine’s Capacity as promised by Machine OEM
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare property tax returns.
- Represent the company during any audits by a government that involves fixed assets.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
3. MIS, Financial Statements & Audit
- Expense management - review and escalation of exceptions
- Accounting and process controls around
- Budget vs Actual on Major expenses Spends.
- Co-ordinations with internal and Statutory Auditor
- Statutory (quarterly and Annual) and Tax audit completion as per timelines advised by management
- Preparation of subsidiary financial statements.
4. Regulatory and Statutory compliances
- Working knowledge of TDS compliance
- Working knowledge of GST credit
- Working knowledge of audit completion
5. Secondary Responsibility
- Participation in book closure activities
- Participation in Statutory audit, tax audit
Candidate Required –
- Qualified CA with a minimum of 5 years of Experience.
- Candidates from Manufacturing Industries will be preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office / Excel
- Working Knowledge of Oracle/ERP